Saturday, October 19, 2013

Baked apple with steel cut oats



I dont have work until 1030 on saturdays now which means...i have an extra hour in the morning to be a person!! But i cant sleep in and i was hungry; 
Therefore i decided to continue my fall inspired kick. And saw that i had two apple and two types of breakfast cereals. SO my mind instantly thought of this pin i saw  on pinterest and i looked it up.
The recipe called for some ingredients i didint have like eggs.so as usual i tweaked it a little.

First I brought
1/2 cup water with a pinch of salt 
To a boil then i added 1/4 cup steal oats. While that cooked i cored one apple.


Then i turned off the oats and mixed in cinnamon and brown sugar. 
I filled the apples with the steel cut oats. Put a little apple cider on the bottom of a baking pan  (the recipe called for orange juice) 
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. 



This was the beautiful result!
 
I let it cool then put it on a plate.
It came off the pan super easily because of the apple cider! Finally I just Sprinkled on some cinnamon and had an amazing, vegan, gluten free, protein filled delicious breakfast. And honestly it was super easy to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment