Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Breakfast Protein Flax Bars

My quest for a breakfast bake continues.....and the latest concoction/attempt to make a breakfast bake ended up becoming this amazing protein filled bar. that was extremely filling yet light and perfect to eat really quickly in the morning!

Also on a personal note;  Last week I bought peanut butter and bananas because I was craving protein, fat and potassium (to fight my aching body and early signs of a weird cold-flu that put me out of commission for this past week actually)
ANYWAYS
here is what I did and used this time around :)
  • 2 cups GF Oats
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
  • about 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • a pinch of salt
I mixed the oats, flax seeds, salt and baking powder. Then I added the peanut butter and bananas which I struggled with until my brain turned on and I added the coconut milk which instantly made the mix less stiff. It turned thick but not lumpy which was what I wanted. Last but not least I spread the oil on the round baking pan and poured in the batter.
I put it all into the oven
and after 25 minutes I got this nicely golden firm yet soft baked oatmeal which i cut into squares right away and let cool
I stored them in an airtight container in the fridge and ate them in the morning with some coffee and coconut milk.

I pretty much only had left over peanut butter and bananas so I put more on top of the bars some morning which enhanced the flavor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment