Sunday, October 13, 2013

Protein filled Garbanzo Bean Cakes

I am constantly trying to add protein to my diet. Garbanzo bean flower has 6 grams of protein for every 1/4th cup thus
I decided to invest 4.59 for a bag of Bobs Mill Garbanzo flour and see what i could use it for. 
I have ended up perfecting these garbanzo bean cakes which I have eaten for dinner and lunch. They are really easy to make!
To make them I take 
1/2 a cup of garbanzo bean flour
1cup water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoon of oil (olive, coconut etc)
1tablespoon of seasoning (salt paprika cumin etc)  
I mix these all in a bowl and then pour the batter pancake style onto a hot griddle with a little olive oil on them and let each side cook for about 2 minutes and voila they are set!
As for toppings you get to play around with them heres a few ideas: 
The first time i made these I put sauteed kale and roasted butternut squash and a little crumbled goat cheese. 

I also made them with chili oil for a super spicy kick and had them
For lunch. i cut the pancakes up and dipped them in hummus

And most recently I made two very thick pancakes and created a type of sandwich!
I simply filled it with spinach an guacamole and hummus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment