Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stuffed Portabella mushrooms

I think that at this point its obvious im a "pintrest loving gal." Well over the past year i keep repinning image of stuffed portabello mushrooms that make my mouth water. Last night i decided to go and give it a go. The reault was visually stimulating and the flavor was clean yet rich. Not to mention the mushroom aroma that filled the kitchen

Heres the result...not bad right?!!!


I wasnt very hungry and only made enough for  four

I used
 About 1/4 cup quinoa PER mushroom (that i had previously cooked)
4 unstemmed  portobello mushrooms
1 avocado 
Tofu feta cheese -to taste
Olive oil-to taste
Salt-to taste

This was literally so easy to make I cant believe how short my instructions will be.

I heated the oven to 400 then spitzed some olive oil onto a cookie sheet. 
For the mushrooms
I simply broke of the stems and washed the mushrooms. Spooned in the quinoa sprinkled salt drizzled olive oil on top and popped them in the oven  for about 20 minutes. The mushrooms are very watery and I figured they were ready when there was mushroom juice bubbling on the tray. 
Then I topped them with sliced avocado and tofu feta...THATS IT. 
So easy, so flavorful, so satisfying and so fast! 


No comments:

Post a Comment